Puppy Preschool Playtime
Vaccinate your puppy against future behaviour problems with our Puppy Preschool Playtime class. It is proven that a lack of early socialization can have a detrimental effect on your dog’s long term behaviour. Help your puppy gain proper playtime manners, prevent over excitement, and help your puppy learn to take on the world in our Puppy Preschool Playtime classes!
- Regular class times include Monday evenings from 6:15-7:15p.m (holidays excluded) and Friday evenings from 6:15-7:15p.m.
- This class is offered on a drop in basis! Come as often or as little as you want.
- Sign up for a single class or grab a package and get 5 classes for the price of 4!
- This class is valid for puppies age 12-20 weeks with a minimum of 2 sets of vaccines.
All training is reinforcement based. Registration prior to class time is required due to limited space in class. Proof of vaccination and payment required upon registration. Puppy parents should bring at least a half cup of bite sized puppy treats to class. Puppies must be on a harness or regular flat buckle collar with a 4 or 6 foot leash. No choke collars, prong collars, or flexi leashes in the classroom please.
Elementary Manners- Teen Edition
Did your adorable puppy grow into an unruly adolescent? This can be the most frustrating stage of a dog’s life for owners and the time when most dogs are surrendered to shelters for behaviour problems.
Our special “Teen Edition” class combines some common puppy problem solving skills with manners and socialization to keep you and your troublesome teenager on the right track. If your dog is 5 to 18 months old, take advantage of our teen class to help you cope with this challenging time in your dog’s life.
- Regular class times include Sunday evenings from 6:00-7:00 p.m. (holiday weekends excluded) and Wednesday evenings from 6:00-7:00 p.m.
- Classes are built around the science of the teenage brain and learning theory, using only the most humane and effective teaching methods.
- Class runs for 6 consecutive weeks, excluding holidays, and each session is 1 hour long.
- Payment and proof of up-to-date vaccinations are required upon registration.
No choke collars, prong collars, or flexi leashes in the classroom. You will need a mat for your dog to lie on, bite sized tasty treats and a regular flat collar or harness with a 4 or 6 foot leash.
L.I.F.E. Class for Reactive Dogs
Are you embarrassed to walk your dog because of lunging, barking, pulling or general outbursts around other dogs or people? Then L.I.F.E Class can help. Whether your dog is fearful, frustrated, or overaroused, learn skills to cope and change your dog’s behaviour around the things that make him lose his mind.
L.I.F.E stands for “Learning In a Functional Environment”, which is just what your dog needs to start to manage his emotions. By fixing the underlying cause of the reactivity, we do more than just stop the reaction- we change the way your dog thinks and feels around other dogs and people. This leads to stronger behaviour changes with longer lasting results.
- This 9 week class is kept small to ensure ample instructor-student time and includes a 2 hour seminar on dog communication.
- Proof of up-to-date vaccinations and payment is required upon registration.
- Dogs should be at least 20 weeks old.
- No choke collars, prong collars, or flexi leashes in the classroom. Other required materials may vary for each dog and will be discussed during orientation.
(Classes are outdoors and will resume in the spring)
Have you completed our L.I.F.E class or a similar reactivity class and want to keep improving your dog’s skills? Take advantage of our L.I.F.E SUPPORT class and continue your training. This class takes place outside with a maximum of 8 dogs and offers a continued opportunity to practice your skills in a controlled environment. Due to limited spots, online registration is required prior to the start of class. Classes will meet at varying locations around the city. Dogs must have completed L.I.F.E class or similar reinforcement based reactivity training to attend. Proof of up-to-date vaccinations and payment is required upon registration.